Dry brushing is pretty much exactly what it sounds like. You take a dry body brush and use it to gently massage your body in an upward motion.
When you brush the skin, the skin turns slightly pink. The redness is the result of increased circulation in the areas you have dry brushed. Your body simply pushes more blood to these areas.
Along with the bloodstream in the body runs the lymph, which filters the blood from debris and toxins. Dry brushing speeds up the flow of lymph when touched, which helps flush out toxins faster.
Exfoliates dead skin.
Also called mechanical peeling, as the dry brushing gets rid of dirt & dead skin cells. The result is increased cell renewal and smoother, cleaner skin with a glow.
Fills out the skin.
Many people find that their cellulite becomes less noticeable after dry brushing. This is because you get a temporary "plumping" effect as the body sends more blood and fluid to the area.
How do you dry brush the skin?
To dry brush properly, first make sure your skin is completely dry. Stroke with long strokes from hands/feet towards your heart. Vary the pressure depending on the sensitivity of your skin. If your skin is sensitive, use a lighter pressure. The skin may turn pink but should never turn angry red. Then you push too hard.
1. Start with one foot and move up towards the knee, thigh and up towards the hip. Repeat on the other leg.
2. Then brush over the stomach and back. If you do the ritual with your friend/partner, ask him/her to help you brush your back, which may be difficult to reach on your own. Especially between the shoulder blades. Don't forget the neck.
3. Then brush one hand, up towards the elbow and towards the armpit. Repeat on the other arm.
4. Then stroke over the décolletage from the center out towards the armpit.
5. Repeat this 1-2 times/week.
Feel free to follow up the dry brushing with a bath in the sea, a bubble bath, sauna or a steamy shower to clean the skin. Remember to finish the ritual with a moisturizing body cream, such as Lemuria Phytomarine Body Cream .
Moisturizing and firming cream for the body. Lemuria Phytomarine Body Cream